Monday, December 28, 2009

Do we know our scholar

I was going through an article published in Hindu, which was tributed to late scholar Ji Xianlin. Ji Xianlin was a greatly venerated chienese scholar who had “secretly translated the Sanskrit-Hindu text of Ramayan into chienese during the cultural revolution”. His death brought a deep sense of remorse inside chienese people. Press was full of tribute to him. If I compare this situation to our country then it sadden me too much to think that how many people know about our scientist, historian or another scholar. I dont blame them for this, even I am unaware of much of these people. Its the responsibility of our media to bring the information about them and thier work to us. I beleive its a crime to deprive us the knowledge about those asset of our country, and its being done by our media. Every indian child know that Micheal Jackson has died but how many of them know that, at the same month the legendary sarod player and teacher Ali Akbar Khan has also passed away. I dont want to steal glory of Micheal Jackson. He was worth to be remembered by all world, but doesn’t Ali Akbar Khan deserve the same? Its our media’s responsibility to bring them to us, then only we will get to know hundreds of them, who is secretly affecting our life through thier remarkable work in one or another way. And, I beleive the day media realise this responsibility India would cross another milestone in order to become a great nation

No comments:

Post a Comment