Monday, September 27, 2010

Why?

I was travelling by bus today when I saw a beautiful restless child sleeping uncomfortably on her mother shoulder. The sympathetic eyes of crowd towards her made me realize that something is wrong with her. She was born with deformed body. A sudden rush of excitement went through my body I felt myself on her place and people’s sympathetic eye resting upon me and inside of me screamed- ‘Why me, I never asked for it’. Why I don’t have choice to choose how I am going to be in future.I opened my eye to find myself in a wonderland. I was startled, amazed and scare at the same time. But a tender hand upon me bound me to that wonderful soul and I knew she is my angel guide without knowing her identity and felt myself in heaven. But soon reality crawled upon me; I felt a difference when people looked upon me and when they look upon other children. But why, I am not able to comprehend that. I don’t remember asking god to make me what they call ugly. I heard god love all his creation and prize it then why they differentiate between ugly and beautiful. Why they all admire Simran for her beauty and neglect me? We both came from same place, we are of same age and her achievement is equal to mine then why this differentiation?Two children born at the same time and same place, only difference is that one is born in master’s house and other in servant’s quarter. Before opening their eyes they don’t know where they are and where they are coming from. But why place of birth matter so much that it places a child on the pedestal and hurl another child into the darkness of hardship and discrimination? None of them asked for it, what we all hoped is to encounter some wonderland where they will see wonderful things.But our wonderland dream has been shattered by the discriminatory and feudal system of this world. I came into this world with millions of my friend, but because of this place of birth rule some became Hindustani, some became Pakistani, some British, some Gujarati, some Marathi, some Bihari, some Tamilian and so on. Some were put in the golden castle and some of us were left on dusky road and all of this separated us from each other. Friends till the time, now we laugh on other because he/she is ugly, we bully them because their parents are poor, we don’t talk to them because they belongs to low caste, we hate them because they belongs to different nation/States. Our friendship is broken, which none of us asked for and wished for. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment