Thursday, December 27, 2012

D - Year

Another year passed without even realising that I even lived that year for a momentJ. It’s interesting to think how many of such years would end before my journey ends ;). Any way that’s not my point for writing this blog. It’s good to write a compilation for whole year so that I could read it in years to come and could live my unlively memory ;).

Despite being forecasted as dooms year and marker of end of humanity, 2012 had something which had potential to infuse positive energy. Of course it was the number ‘2012’, which is a very positive number and happened to be my favourite too (I favour even number over odd number). It was also a leap year (I also love leap year) and it also started on Sunday J. So I was buzzing with excitement in Dec, 2011 in anticipation of a year which would finally be mine. But year started with lots of personnel disappointments and family problems and I am not going to bore you with all those detailsJ. But as always, disappointments and problems proved as a disguise in blessing and infused a new resolve in me to fulfill my dream (although these D&Ps moved along with me throughout ;)).

When I try to take a look back to 2012, it all seems blur, Blur not of forgetfulness but of fast moving jet. Year passed so quickly that I have a feeling of nausea which you usually have after the roller coaster ride. Any way if I press my eyes hard into those blurs, I get some silver lining, so I can’t say that year was so bad.
Despite being trap in the cyclone of double recession, worsening situation of global market, bleak public morale, endless  crime, corruptions etc etc, I think it was the magic of number 2012 that made us walkthrough the year unscathed.

Don’t scowl on my logic, I need some optimism and here I find it in magic number, so go to hell.
Any way I’ll stop whining about myself here and instead whine for others, lets Analyse D-year for other (Doom or Dream)

Doom:
  •  Definitely for Iranian people as European union decided to walk the path of big brother and imposed embargo against them
  •  History too was not spared when Ansar Dine destroyed the shrine (UNESCO Cultural heritage site) Timbuktu (Mali) on the name of religion. Can you believe that?
  • Our beloved former Army chief (I hope you understand), when he tried to go against corruption. Recently I heard that Z-security has been snatched from him. Definitely not good for us to see that L
  • Corporate world too didn’t love this year with high interest rates maintained by RBI, GAAR brought by Pranab da and 122 spectrum licence cancelled by Supreme court, could anything be more worse :P
  •  My Dravid left cricket, a fatal blow for ‘my’ cricket world L (sorry started about me again :P)

Anyway lots of other things like death of so and so, Greek economic crisis, Social crisis in India (Corruption and rape at the top), terrorism, natural disaster, ethnic clashes etc etc, but I don’t want to scare you all a lot before the beginning of new year so let’s talk about people for whom it was a happy happy yearJ

Dream:
  • Of course Obama comes 1st for getting his 2nd term, though Modiji is not far behind for getting his 3rd ;)
  •  Don’t forget our young CM Akhilesh Yadav, ascending on the throne with all those promises and freshness. I wonder where are all those now?
  • Pranab ji finally bid good bye to politics and got his place in history book with the chair of Presidency of India. Now he can finally drool on his chair peacefully.
  •  Hey just remember, 6 medals for India in Olympic, that was my happiest J (oops)
  • The Illusive Higgs particle has finally been found after years of expensive search ;)

Any year would be always a mixture of dream and doom. 2012 is not unique in this case, but still it would be imprinted on our mind with its vibrant sweet and sour memories. I know 2013 is exactly not my favourite number, it’s not even leap year and it’s not starting with Sunday but one thing I know that it’s in my hand to make this year as a dream year for me. So just let’s forget 2012 and leap into the dreamy world of 2013.

A happiest new year to all of youJ. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment